This octagonal garden was built in 1807 by Fath-Ali Shah Qajar in Zandieh dynasty architecture style and it was designed by Ali Akbar Baghban. It was the first Iranian academic center for teacher training.
During the reign of Mozaffar ad-Din, Agriculture school, school of fine arts (under Kamal-ol-molk's supervision (Mohammad Ghaffari ,better known as Kamal-ol-Molk, was a famous Iranian painter)), and Religious school were established in this garden. Furthermore, a library was founded under the supervision of Parvin E'tesami (20th-century Persian poet of Iran) in 1936. Besides, it is said that Professor Mahmoud Hesabi (an Iranian scientist, researcher and professor of University of Tehran) installed the first meteorological instrument there to teach physics to the students.
One of the summer palaces of the Qajar dynasty and the history of its construction dates back to the reign of Fath Ali Shah. The lush gardens and glorious monument in the year 1322 AH-AH according to his orders is constructed outside the fence of Tehran. Garden used to be much larger than what it is today.
There were a couple of very attractive and luxurious buildings and halls but there has unfortunately been erased long ago. The buildings were decorated with precious paintings, they all disappeared after the fall of the Qajar dynasty. Among them the big picture of Fath Ali Shah in the middle and three of his sons on the wall. This garden has also witnessed many historical events. The appellation of the Garden are all the drawing that were in the rooms and halls.
Best time for a tour